23
/ 02

Natalya Sergunina: five Moscow hotels were included in the annual Forbes Travel Guide Star Award ranking

For the first time, the Four Seasons Hotel Moscow, opened in 2014, was awarded the highest 5-star rating. In addition, the 4-star rating was awarded to Lotte Hotel, The Ritz-Carlton, and Ararat Park Hyatt in Moscow. The “Recommended” rating was awarded to The St. Regis Nikolskaya Hotel in Moscow.
Н.Сергунина: пять московских отелей вошли в ежегодный рейтинг Forbes Travel Guide

The annual Forbes Travel Guide ranks hotels, restaurants, and spas in three categories: 5-star, 4-star, and Recommended.

'Star awards to five metropolitan hotels given by a reputable international guide are another confirmation of the high level of service and successful development of the hotel industry in Moscow. I would like to mention that Moscow hotels are regularly included in various specialised ratings,' commented Natalya Sergunina, the Deputy Mayor of Moscow.

For example, Trip Advisor Traveler Choice 2019 included 10 metropolitan hotels in the Top 25 Hotels of Russia.

The Forbes Travel Guide inspectors are selected every two years among the hotel and restaurant professionals. According to the rules of the Star Awards, the inspectors visit hotels and restaurants anonymously, like ordinary guests. They are to stay at the hotel for at least two nights. Hotels are rated by 900 criteria: 75% of the rating is based on the level of service: cleaning, food and bar, communication with guests. The remaining 25% is determined by the quality of the interior, decoration and furniture.

In total, 1,898 venues from 73 countries were inspected: hotels, restaurants, and spa centres. In 2020, the Guide awarded 5-star ranking to 70 world hotels, 4-star ranking to 120 hotels, and 81 were Recommended for a visit.

For reference:

The hotel room supply in the capital has almost doubled since 2010. Today, there are more than 1,700 hotels and motels operating in the capital, with 82,900 rooms for 232,900 beds. The hotel industry revenue has grown by 122% over the past 3 years. The average load of metropolitan hosting facilities is 78%, and during holidays and major events, it surges over 90%.

An independent ranking of hotels, spas, and restaurants by the Forbes Travel Guide hotels has been compiled since 1958 (previously known as the Mobil Travel Guide developed by Simon & Schuster Publishing House). Initially, the rating evaluated only hotels and cafes of the United States to subsequently become global. Since 2009, the guide has been published by Forbes Media.


© 2018-2020, ANO "Project Office for the Development of Tourism and Hospitality in Moscow"
All rights reserved. All materials of the site are available under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license, provided that the link to the source is indicated (in case of using the materials of the site on the Internet – an interactive link).

© 2018-2020, ANO "Project Office for the Development of Tourism and Hospitality in Moscow"
All rights reserved. All materials of the site are available under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license, provided that the link to the source is indicated (in case of using the materials of the site on the Internet – an interactive link).